Church dedicated to St. Agnes V.M. in Piazza Navona. Beautiful copperplate engraving of 1690. Measuring 19.6 x 29.7 cm part engraved. Represents the facade of the Church Of St. Agnes on the Piazza Navona in Rome. In good condition, with written in ink on the bottom edge, on laid paper without watermark. Engraved by Giovanni Battista Falda (Valduggia, December 7, 1643 - Rome, August 22, 1678) was an Italian engraver, who documented the architecture and urbanism in Rome in the second half of the seventeenth century. At age 14 he was sent to Rome at an uncle who reported him to Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Much more important, however, was, in the formation and subsequent activities of young Falda, meeting with Giovan Giacomo De Rossi and his printing apprenticeship completed soon. De Rossi from the Falda acquired education "urban" and craft, and with his mentor worked virtually throughout his short life.
- SOLD -